I got this recipe directly from Laxmi Mason, the head chef at The Raj Ayurveda Health Center, during my one week stay in September 2016.
And my 6 1/2 year old just LOVES it!
While this dish certainly works well as a dessert, I most often serve it as a morning meal, or mid-afternoon snack on the weekends.
Fresh Blueberry Crisp (6 servings)
1. 5 small packages of fresh blueberries rinsed well
2. 4 TBSP Coconut/palm sugar or raw sugar (or stevia for less calories)
*I cut recipe down to 2 TBSP coconut sugar*
3. 1 cup of oats
4. 1/3 cup of whole wheat flour
5. 6 TBSP melted ghee butter (or grass fed butter)
*I cut recipe down to 3 TBSP ghee*
1. Preheat over to 400F (200C)
2. Spread blueberries into baking pan with a dash of water
3. Sprinkle sugar over berries
4. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes
5. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl to make the crumble
6. Sprinkle crumble over baked berries, put back in over until the crumble becomes golden brown on top.
7. Serve immediately or allow to cool for 5-10 minutes
**While I generally suggest that fruit be eaten on it’s own, never combined with non-fruits (for more on this topic download my Free Ebook “Your Best Belly” from the home page), this is a perfectly acceptable combination every now and then for those who do not normally experience digestive issues.