Today I felt like having soup. So I whipped up this quick little recipe on the spot with ingredients that I had on hand.
If you’re anything like me, you love a quick and easy recipe that is easy on the calories and big on the vitamins.
This dish is it!
And it only took me under 8 minutes from start to finish.
I’m not kidding you. This simple soup was so good, I practically licked the bowl.
I’ll definitely be making more this week.
If you make this soup (and why wouldn’t you?), please post a comment below to let me know how you liked it, and if you added any different spices.
Here’s my exact recipe, which I ate for lunch, along with two whole wheat tortillas that I heated on a dry skillet.
Are you salivating?
1. 1 and 1/4 cup of organic pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie)
2. 1/4 cup onion chopped
3. 1/2 rep bell pepper chopped
4. 1/4 tspn fresh chopped ginger root
5. 1/2 tspn ground cumin
6. 1/4 tsp ghee butter
7. 1 and 1/4 cup of low sodium vegetable broth
8. Pinch of himalayan sea salt
9. Fresh saffron to garnish
1. Sauté spices and chopped veggies in ghee butter over medium low heat for about 1 minute
2. Add 1/4 cup of broth to the pot and allow vegetables to soften, while staring once or twice, for another 3 or 4 minutes
3. Add pumpkin puree to pot after vegetables have softened
4. Continue stirring for 30 seconds
5. Add remaining 1 cup of broth and heat on medium low for another minute or so
6. Add all ingredients from pot to a blender or nutri-bullet (I used bullet), and blend until smooth and creamy
7. Add to bowl
8. Garnish with a few pieces of saffron
Carb grams 27.2
Fat grams 1.8
Protein grams 3
Fiber grams 10
Vitamin A 950%