Are you still trying to figure out what to buy for your finicky fitness friend or family member?
I can probably help, since I AM one of those finicky fitness freaks! The one who seems too picky to shop for. The one you’re afraid might toss your gourmet cookies in the trash.
Admittedly I’ve done that, but not before eating one or two first.
Some people are just a pain in the butt to shop for!
But like I said, I can help you with this one.
Here are my Top 10 Picks for Fitness Freak Gifts
Basically, these are things I already have and love, or that I’d be happy to receive as a gift, in no particular order.
1. Wireless head phones/ear buds. A must have for any gym goer! No more suffering through crappy gym music, or getting all tangled up in your headphone wires. With a wide price range, and variety of styles, you can certainly find something to suit any fitness freak on your list.
2. Customized Jump Rope. I began using these ropes years ago when I owned my CrossFit gym. What I love about this company is that you can customize the rope length and speed, depending on height and skill level. No more tripping over ropes that are too short or too long, or having to rely on cheap ropes left tangled in your gym’s corner. Plus, these ropes come in all kinds of cool colors!
3. Digital food scale. For those serious calorie (or macro) counters. Or just someone who loves to cook. These digital scales are an indispensable resource, for weighing the precise amount (in pounds and grams) needed for any recipe or meal.
4. Self Massage Tools. Foam rollers, lacrosse balls, massage sticks, oh my! If your fitness friend lifts weights, runs, or bikes often, then any one of these massage tools will light up her life! Or at least her muscles.
5. Travel Powder. No fitness freak wants to be caught off guard without her protein powder! These handy packets are great for travel, or for tossing in your gym bag to shake up with water after a workout. I love this brand! Not only is it packed with 30 grams of vegetable protein, but it also packs in an additional 6 grams of BCAA’s and 6 grams of Glutamine. The vanilla flavor is my favorite!
6. THE best sports bottle. It’s the best I’ve found anyway! This 32 ounce leak proof non-toxic PBA free bottle doubles as both a water bottle and a protein shaker bottle for me. I carry it with me everywhere, which is super easy to do since it comes with a comfortable wrist wrap. Seriously. Get this bottle for yourself or your friend. You won’t be disappointed.
7. Exercise Bands. I never go on a trip without my bands! Even if I know I will have access to gym. Most of the time I take these to the gym with me anyway. Exercise bands are a great addition to any workout. In fact you can an entire workout with them. I even based a large portion of my Rockin Booty workout on the use of bands. Bottom line. Any fitness freak will appreciate any of these bands, even if they already have some. We can never have enough, especially since they get stretched after a while.
8. Dry Shampoo. This would make a great stocking stuffer! The perfect “pick-me-upper” after a sweaty run or workout. Actually, I use mine in between shampoos since I like to go at least two days before shampooing. Just a little shake add freshness and body. It’s my hair’s lifesaver.
9. Fit Bit Charge. If you don’t mind spending a little, this modern upgrade on the original fit bit is a winner. I absolutely adore mine! It’s a wristband that tracks your heart rate, heart rate zone, calories burned, distance walked/ran, etc. You can even view your text, phone calls, and calendar on the display screen! And it tracks your sleep, if that’s your thing. Did I say how much I adore this little band? Yeah, I did. Because I DO!
10. Sexy gym bag. Take your pick! You could even turn it into an oversized gift bag by stuffing it with any of the above items. Now THIS would be a perfect gift for me. Just saying 😉
So there you have it! 10 great gifts for any one of your fitness friends or family members.
If you have any other ideas, please share them in the comments below.
Happy gift shopping!