Let’s face it. Walking, or even running, on a treadmill can get very boring very fast. But it doesn’t mean you have to toss out your treadmill or turn it into an oversized hanger.
If you have a treadmill at home, or even if you like to use one at the gym a couple times per week (like I do), then here’s a workout almost anyone can do.
Of course you can scale it up or down, by adjusting speed and/or incline, to suit your fitness level.
6 Reasons I like the treadmill
- In bad weather, it’s a great alternative to outdoor walking or running
- Easier on the knees and back than pavement running
- Convenient if you have one at home, so excuse for not making it to the gym.
- Adjustable incline to mimic hills and adjust resistance
- Good for sprint intervals when you don’t have an outdoor option, or again, to prevent or decrease knee and back pain
- Easy to work into a circuit workout at the gym